Neuropathy is not a pleasant experience for anyone. If there was a way to get rid of or prevent it, would you do it? Some of our readers had some insight about what types of changes could contribute to neuropathy relief. Keep reading to find out what changes you can make today.
Dr. Brandon Czekaj, D.C.
5 Health Habits to Mitigate Neuropathy Symptoms
To help relieve the symptoms of neuropathy, consider making the following lifestyle changes:
1. Maintain a balanced diet: Consume nutrient-dense foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Focus on whole grains, lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats to support nerve health.
2. Exercise regularly: Engage in moderate physical activities such as walking, swimming, or cycling for at least 30 minutes a day, five days each week. Exercise improves blood circulation, which can help alleviate neuropathy symptoms.
3. Manage blood sugar levels: If you have diabetes, it’s crucial to monitor and control your blood sugar levels, as high glucose levels can worsen neuropathy.
4. Quit smoking: Smoking restricts blood flow, which can worsen neuropathic pain. Quitting smoking can improve circulation and alleviate symptoms.
5. Prioritize sleep: Aim for seven to nine hours of quality sleep each night, as inadequate sleep can exacerbate neuropathy symptoms.
By implementing these lifestyle changes, you can improve your overall health and potentially reduce the symptoms of neuropathy. Always consult with a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your routine.
This is a crowdsourced article. Contributors’ statements do not necessarily reflect the opinion of this website, other people, businesses, or other contributors.